The success of every business depends on its
marketing strategy. Marketing increases sales, brings in potential customers
and it leads to sustainable growth. Digital marketing strategy employs diverse
channels in its quest to promote a brand. Digital marketing is popular because
it is cheaper, it aids in targeting customers and it can track performance.
A digital marketing specialist can help you create a digital marketing strategy can help you to grow your business and boost your return on investment (ROI). Digital marketing is a process that converts prospects into loyal customers
ESSENTIALS OF DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY SUCCESS.
design: A web design is the first thing that a user sees and it is important
that your website makes a good first impression. Trends change regularly in web
design so it is important that you keep up and stay relevant. You should not
forget to redesign your website at least once in every two or three years.
The value of a product increases when it is in attractive website and that is why you should use interesting colours, shapes, images and typography. If you want to improve user experience on your website you should use a design that reflects the main theme, you should use minimal interfaces and you should choose fonts wisely.
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is a way to optimize your website for search engines. Selling in the digital age is highly dependent on the ranking on the search engine ranking of your website. If you want to boost your position in search engines then you have to:
a) Optimize keywords: To optimize your keywords you have to make sure that it matches the content on your website, you have to study your competition, you have to balance words and you have to learn from your data.
b) Content is king: Content is crucial to all digital marketing strategies. Make sure your content is interactive and it is of high relevance. Your content has to be rich so it is important that you add images, videos and infographics. The success metrics for content marketing are website traffic, bounce rate and engagement.
c) Indexed pages and sitemap: Indexed pages and sitemaps can help your website rank highly in search engines. You should update your XML sitemap, get rid of 4XX pages and keep your sitemap clean.
d) Page speed: Page speed is important to site ranking. If the pages on your website load slowly then users will go to your competitors. You can use Google’s PageSpeed Insight Tool to test your site speed.
e) Mobile friendliness: Your website should be mobile friendly. Your website should have a responsive web design that can open on any device. Your website should be adaptable.
3. Analytics: Analytics helps us to know the digital marketing strategies that are working and those that are not. You can use analytics to study the behaviour of your audiences, identify their insights and understand the type of content that is in demand. Analytics gives you an awareness of the tactics to be tweaked, changed or abandoned. Your ideal analytics should consist of steps that include capturing data, analyzing data and interpreting data.
There are many tools that can be used to measure key metrics. Helpful tools include Google Analytics, Piwik, Chartbeat, Heap and Adobe Analytics.
Other ways you can use to achieve success in your digital selling strategy include:
1. Email marketing: Email marketing can help you sell in the digital age. You can create an email marketing plan by determining your audience, setting your goals, choosing your content, setting a frequency for sending emails and making a schedule.
You can add value to your newsletters by making them personal, interactive, informative and useful. Email marketing is a cost effective way to reach your audiences.
Businesses get an above-average return on investment (ROI) from email marketing. Most successful companies make use of segmented emails to target customers. Setmenting allows businesses to personalize messages for their customers. The goal of email marketing is to drive sign-ups and sales. While the success metrics for email marketing are Open-Rate, Click-Through-Rate (CTR) and Conversion Rate.
2. Social media presence: Social media presence plays an important role in digital selling strategy. With social media you can find new customers and increase the loyalty of existing customers. Steps you can use to create a social media marketing campaign include:
a) Determining your goals and objectives: You can use SMART to establish your goals. SMART means that your goals must be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound.
b) Identify your customers: You need to understand and identify your customers. You should know the social media network that is used by your customers.
c) Analyze your competitors: You should evaluate and analyze the strength and weakness of your competitors if you want to have a successful digital marketing strategy.
3. Paid advertising: Paid advertising is a good value for your money and it is necessary for business. Paid advertising can help you get traffic and it can help you publicize your goods and services. You can use Good Adwords for your paid advertising. Good Adwords gives you the ability to measure your marketing strategy, it helps you target customers and it makes you have a better user experience.
You can improve your Adword campaign by using single keyword ad groups, using geotargeting, bidding on branded keywords and using advertising extensions. Paid search campaigns can give immediate benefit to your business.
4. Blogging: Blogging is an important feature in digital marketing and maintaining a blog helps you to share information and relevant content. A blog can help you to become an expert or leader on a field. Blogging can bring traffic to your website, improve customer relationship and help your social media marketing strategy.
To maintain a good blog you have to choose your content wisely, create unique and attractive headers, have compelling call-to-actions (CTAs) and creative interactive content.
5. Native advertising: According to Outbrain, “Native advertising is the use of paid ads that match the look, feel and function of the media format in which they appear.” Advantages of native advertising include visibility, it cannot be blocked and it can be seen on multiple platforms.
6. Hosting webinars and live events: You can host webinars and live events if you want to have a successful digital selling strategy. You can use a third-party platform to promote your event. Platforms such as Eventbrite can help you promote sales and manage audiences
Having a successful digital selling strategy is crucial to the success in any business and you should choose wisely from the diverse options that are available. It is important that you find your strengths and competitive advantage.